Hello there! You seem to have stumbled upon my pimped out bio. Whether you’re a #PitchWars mentee, mentor (*waves frantically*), or my mom, I’m glad you’ve taken a second out of your day to get to know me.
Here’s the lowdown:
1. I am a senior English major at the University of Iowa.
2. Jamie Frasier is everything.
3. I play clarinet in the marching band (and am actually in official band camp mode this week, hence the delay on the bio. And yes, we do say “that one time at band camp.” )
4. I openly fangirl on my YouTube channel about any and all genres of books.
5. I despise coffee (gasp) and am horribly addicted to Diet Coke.
6. I hate making bios.
Here is a fun “get to know me” video from my YouTube channel if you’d like something more in-depth.
Now that you know the basics, here is a bit more about my manuscript. They say to write what you know, so for the past year I have written and polished a manuscript about a girl going through her freshman year of college. Some things that complicate the deal: my MC, Danielle’s mother is a “college psychic” who helps high school students find their dream college. Danielle did not make it into her dream school after failing an English course. School starts in two weeks and her mother is still under the impression that she is headed to OSU.
THE BIG F is entered as a New Adult Contemporary Romance and I am so thrilled to be a part of this amazing community. Even if my manuscript is passed on, I have met so many absolutely amazing people in the process who make it all worth it.
Fun fact: there is a college psychic in my hometown who helped my sister find her perfect school in New York. She had an article written about her in USA Today calling her the “Teen Whisperer.” Naturally, I had to write something including the coolest/strangest job ever.